Dental Cone Beam CT
Wood Dale, IL Dentist
The dental cone beam CT is a type of x-ray equipment used when regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. This technology allows us to produce 3D images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan.
Dental cone beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning of orthodontic issues. However, it can also be useful for more complex cases involving:
- surgical planning for impacted teeth.
- diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- accurate placement of dental implants.
- evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
- detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
- determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
- locating the origin of pain or pathology.
- reconstructive surgery.